Open a version of this ORCID record formatted for printing.
Show detailsHide details
Chemical engineering, petroleum refining, bitumen upgrdaing, hydroprocessing, process modeling and simulation
Jinwen Chen (2013-07-02)
Dr. Jinwen Chen received his Ph.D. in chemical engineering in 1990 from Tianjin University. He worked as an associate professor in Tianjin University and as a research associate in Washington University in St. Louis and the University of Calgary. He joined CanmetENERGY in 1999 and is now a senior research scientist and project leader.
Dr. Chen’s expertise includes:
• Bitumen and heavy oil upgrading
• Petroleum distillate hydroprocessing and fluid catalytic cracking
• Process modeling, simulation, and optimization
• Vapor-liquid phase equilibrium in hydroprocessing reactors
• Multiphase reactor design and modeling
• Catalysis and kinetics
• CFD simulation; computer programming; mathematical and numerical computation
• Flow dynamics in multiphase chemical reactors
Dr. Chen has published over 150 journal papers and conference proceeding papers, completed many industrial client reports, and made numerous presentations at international conferences.