DEVELOPING INFO PRODUCTS: Operational Water & Climate Services with Public Access to Open Data.
Initiating, Developing and Maintaining computational systems, which delivers decision support:
2015 - Service for Water Indicators for Climate Change Adaptation (for C3S) http://swicca.climate.copernicus.eu/
2011 - HYPE Open Source Community for sharing source code: http://hypecode.smhi.se/
2010 - HYPE web; open data for regions with HYPE modelling: http://hypeweb.smhi.se/
2008 - S-HYPE and Water info-web for Swedish water managers and reporting to the EU Water Framework Directive: http://vattenwebb.smhi.se/
2001 - SMED vatten / Swedish Environmental Emission Data for international reporting to HELCOM and OSPAR: http://www.smed.se/vatten
INTERNATIONAL and NATIONAL ASSIGNMENTS
World Meteorological Organisation (WMO):
• Member of the Executive Council panel of experts on Polar Observations, Research and Services, EC-PORS (2012 - ); and Arctic-HYCOS working team (2013 -).
• Rapporteur for the Working group on hydrology, RA VI , Europe (1999-2001)
International Association of Hydrological Sciences (IAHS):
• Swedish representative in the IAHS council (2004 - )
• Member of IAHS task force for new scientific theme of the decade (2013-2022).
• Chair of Election Panel (2015) and Member in scientific committee of PUB theme (2010-2012)
• Vice-president (2007-2012) of the scientific commission on water quality (ICWQ) and President-elect (2012-2013).
UNESCO International Hydrological Programme (IHP):
• Swedish representative of the IHP intergovernmental council, Paris (2012-2013).
• Delegate in the Swedish IHP committee and the Swedish expert group of UNESCO scientific programmes of the Swedish Research Council (2008-2013).
• Chair of the Swedish IHP committee (2008-2009).
Convention for the Protection of the Marine Environment of the North-East Atlantic (OSPAR):
• Chair of the permanent intergovernmental Working Group on pollution Inputs to the Marine Environment, INPUT (2011-2013)
• Participation (funding) in the EU-projects: BALANS, EUROHARP, HARMONIQUA, CLARIS2, GENESIS, GEOLAND2, MYOCEAN, OPERR, SIRIUS, ECLISE, SAWA, CPA, SUDPLAN, BALTADAPT, IMPACT2C, CRYOLAND, JERICO, EUPORIAS, SWITCH¬-ON.
• Delegate in the EU Cost Action No. 869 “Mitigation options for nutrient reduction in surface and groundwater” (2007-2011).
• Annual reviewer of the EU project EUROLIMPACS (FP6) regarding progress of work by 57 partners and working plans (2007-08).
Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences (KVA):
• Delegate of the Swedish national committee of Geophysics, SNG (2004 - )
• Member of the Local Organising Committee for IAHS, IAPSO, IASPEI General Assemblies in Gothenburg 2013, conference: “Knowledge for the future” (2011-2013).
Global Energy and Water Exchanges, GEWEX:
• Baltic Sea Experiment (BALTEX) scientific steering committee (2009-2012)
• Member of writing team for the Implementation Plan (2004)
Helsinki Commission (HELCOM):
• Swedish expert in the working group MINDEC88 (2000-2001)
OTHER SCIENTIFIC RECORDS
Author or co-author of some 70 per-reviewed scientific papers in international journals and 80 reports or international conference proceedings (some per-reviewed). Editor of the book: “Understanding fresh-water quality problems in a changing world” IAHS press publ. 361 (2013)
H-index according to Web of Science = 25
Presentations of scientific results at some 80 international conferences (some invited/Key-notes).
Scientific referee for the international journals: e.g. Ambio, Aquatic Sciences, Biogeochemistry, Hydrobiologia, Hydrological Processes, Hydrological Sciences J., Nordic hydrology, J. Environmental Quality, J. Hydrology, J. the Total Environment, J. the American Water Resources Association, Biogeochemistry.
Examiner in some 10 Dissemination Boards for Doctoral degree at Swedish/EU Universities.
Holder of research grants from Swedish EPA, Swedish Space Board, Municipal Studies Center (CKS), Swedish Strategic Environmental Research Fund (MISTRA), FORMAS, Swedish waterpower centre (SVC), ESA, and European Union 4th , 5th and 7th FP for R&D.
Co-supervisor for doctoral candidate M.Sc. Joakim Riml at the Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, together with Professor Anders Wörman (period: 2007-2015). Awarded 2015.
Post-Docs: Supervisor of 7 Post-Docs; 2007-2009: Dr. Temnerud; 2012-2014: Dr Traoe; 2014-2016: Dr. Kuentz; 2016-2018: Dr. Pinedas, Dr. Hassan, Dr. Crochemore, Dr. Leiva Pimentel.