Davide has a wide experience in participation in research activities in cooperation with a wide network of national and international institutions. He works on researches funded mainly by the European Union (fp5, fp6 and fp7), the Italian Ministries, the regional administration, and private organizations. He coordinated two research projects in fp7 (CAP-IRE and CLAIM) and three previous research projects on Farm investment behaviour funded by the IPTS-JRC Seville.
The research activity concerns the following topics:
- Agricultural policy evaluation;
- Technical change and innovation in agriculture and food;
- Farm investment behaviour;
- Agri-environmental policy analysis;
- Water resource evaluation and management;
- Environmental impact assessment and resource economics;
- Land market and asset evaluation.
Tools encompass mathematical programming, principal agent models, multi-criteria and cost-benefit analysis, as well as econometric techniques applied to interpretation of agents’ behaviour and its outcomes.
The results of the research activities have been disseminated through about 250 publications, and by way of presentations at national and international scientific meetings and conferences.
He is presently editor-in-chief of the journal “Bio-based and applied economics”