Gavino Sanna holds the master degree in Chemistry at the University of Sassari (Sardinia, Italy). After a 5-years period spent in the EniChem research center of Portotorres, Italy, he become Assistant Professor of Analytical Chemistry in the Department of Chemistry of the University of Sassari. Currently, he is an Associate Professor of Analytical Chemistry in the Department of Chemistry and Pharmacy of the University of Sassari. His general research interest is focused towards the assessment, the validation and the application to real samples of instrumental methods for the determination of organic and inorganic analytes in foods, environmental and biological matrices.
• Food analysis: Determination and speciation of organic and inorganic minority analytes of interest in the characterization and valorization of traditional Sardinian foodstuffs (eg beehive, dairy and seafood products)
• Role of the irrigation techniques in the bioaccumulation phenomena in rice of elements of health concern.
• Environmental analysis: determination of inorganic and organic toxic species in food and in abiotic environmental samples.
• Material sciences: synthesis, characterization and amperometric and photophysical applications of original thiophene-based conductive polymers, N-ligands substituted or unsubstituted, and of their metal-polymers.
• Electrochemical and spectroscopic studies of equilibria in solution between metal ions and biological (or pharmacological) ligands.
• Biomedical analysis: Electrochemical methods for the accurate determination of inorganic analytes (eg fluoride and heavy metal ions) of interest in dental research.
• Electroanalysis with microelectrodes. Determination of low concentrations of analytes in food and environmental matrices