- Assistant Professor at the Department of Biology, University of Minho, Portugal
- Senior Researcher at the Centre of Molecular and Environmental Biology (CBMA), Portugal
- Graduation in Biology, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Master in Environmental Sciences, University of Minho, Portugal
- PhD in Sciences (specialization in Aquatic Ecology), University of Minho, Portugal
- Impacts of global change on aquatic biodiversity and ecosystem functioning with emphasis on decomposition of organic matter.
- Impacts of metals, PAHs and nanoparticles on freshwaters at the community-, population- and cellular-level, with focus on fungi and invertebrates.
- Molecular tools to assess biodiversity
- Experimental designs and data analysis