Dr Constantine A. (Dinos) Barbargires was born in Veria, Greece, on May 1, 1966.
- He received the B.Sc. degree in Physics (October 1988), the M.Sc. degree in Electronics & Telecommunications (September 1991), and the Ph.D. degree in Computer Controlled Systems (January 1995), all with the highest honours, from the School of Science of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (A.U.Th.) [http://www.auth.gr ].
- Since October 1987 he participated in the educational and research activities of the Section of Electronics & Computers at the Department of Physics [http://www.physics.auth.gr ] of A.U.Th., where he later on was appointed as a Special Postgraduate Scholar (E.M.Y.) (January 1992 - January 1995). Thereafter he joined the Greek Army Forces for serving his military duty (March 1995 - September 1996).
- During 1993-98, he served as an instructor in computer science seminars organized by the Greek Physical Society, and during the winter semesters of the academic years 1996-99 he taught the course "The use of computers and educational technology in the everyday work of the teacher" at the Teachers College of Primary Education "Dimitris Glinos" [http://www.eled.auth.gr/ ] at the School of Education of A.U.Th.
- From March 1997, until February 1999, he participated in the Operational Program for Education and Initial Training (E.P.E.A.E.K.) "I.S.D.N. Telecommunications Network of A.U.Th." [http://www.tcom.auth.gr/ ] as a coordination director for the scientific and technical staff and the organization of educational activities.
- From January 1998, until March 1999, he taught the course "Introduction to the Educational Technology" in the frame of the E.P.E.A.E.K. program "Design, organization and implementation of a special training program for the academic and professional improvement of the primary education teachers" of the Pedagogical Department of Primary Education [http://www.eled.auth.gr/ ] of A.U.Th.
- From March 1999, until March 2002, he served as a Lecturer (Π.Δ. 407/80) on Computer Science at the Department of Journalism & Mass Communication [http://www.jour.auth.gr/ ] of A.U.Th. participating in the educational and research activities of the Media Informatics Laboratory [http://pacific.jour.auth.gr/ ]. From March 2002, until September 2011, he served as a Special Teaching Fellow (ΕΕΔΙΠ-Ι), and since September 2011, he serves as a Special Teaching Fellow (ΕΕΠ), teaching courses on Electronic Publishing & Internet, Presentation Technology & Techniques, and Data Organization & Processing.
- He is a member of the Greek Physical Society (E.E.F) [http://www.eef.gr/ ], the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (I.E.E.E.) [http://www.ieee.org/ ], and he has served as a reviewer for the international scientific journals Optimal Control Applications & Methods (John Wiley & Sons, Inc.), International Journal of Electronics (Taylor & Francis, Ltd.), IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-I: Fundamental Theory and Applications (The Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers, Inc.), and Computers & Electrical Engineering (Elsevier Science Ltd.).