Born in Porto, Portugal, in 1971.
B.Sc. in Chemistry, University of Porto, 1993
M.Sc. in Chemistry, University of Porto, 1996
Ph.D. in Chemistry, University of Barcelona, 2000
Habilitation in Chemistry, University of Porto, 2011
Integrated in the Academic Career at the University of Porto - Faculty of Sciences (FCUP) since 1992.
Currently, an Associate Professor at the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry of FCUP.
Main fields of expertise: Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, Peptide Synthesis
Current interests: peptides and peptide-based molecules and materials against infectious diseases; drug recycling and repurposing as a low-cost approach against parasitic diseases
- National Representative of Portugal in Division VII (Chemistry and Human Health) of the International Union for Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC)
- Secretary and member of the Executive Committee of the European Peptide Society (EPS)
- Member of the Steering Committee of the Iberian Peptide Meetings ("Encontros Peptídicos Ibéricos", EPI)
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Medicinal Chemistry Division ("Divisão de Química Terapêutica") of the Portuguese Society of Chemistry ("Sociedade Portuguesa de Química", SPQ)
- Member of the Core Scientific Committee of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry of FCUP
- Coordinator of the Peptide Synthesis Facility at FCUP
- Coordinator of the "ORCHIDS" research group at LAQV-REQUIMTE