Born: 03/10/1944 in Prague, Czech Republic.
Web page http://www.math.cas.cz/~tvrdy/
Diplomas: graduated from Charles University, Prague, in 1967, CSc (=PhD) from Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences in 1973.
1) Academic Formation:
1968-now Institute of Mathematics Academy of Sciences of the Czech republic
2001-now Faculty of Natural Sciences Palacký University in Olomouc
2) Professional Activities:
Research worker of the Institute of Mathematics of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic in Prague since 1968, deputy director in the period 1996-2009, acting director in the period 2008-2009, deputy director since May 2014. Associate Profesor at Palacký University Olomouc since 2001.
3) Current grants : Grant no. P201/14-06958S of the Grant Agency of the Czech Republic (co-principal investigator).
4) Current orientation : Current orientation: integration theory, Kurzweil-Stieltjes integral, ordinary differential equations, nonlinear singular boundary value problems.
5) Quantitatives indicators : Published books: 3, Publications: 60, Chapter of books: 1.
Citations: 188 citations on ISI (self-citations excluded), ISI H-index 6; 329 citations on MathSciNet.
6) Links to the websites:
MyResearchID (ISI) H-8341-2013
My Citations (GoogleScholar) http://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=JCWJQ-wAAAAJ&pagesize=100&view_op=list_works&gmla=AJsN-F5QMTeKHG_QfkECUL-5WXmNjVOSDmLb7_kzhnaj-WspJcdtjhHT-RM9eEx8xP0YCJjSYKXXFwuqob5f5aewCCPhjQRyO6kidVhtt54q6gpahE_ddGwPs9Rns9yzL7--9cLbvaJQ
7) Plenary talks on international conferences:
ICMC Summer Meeting on Differential Equations (São Carlos, Brazil, 2011), DINCON 11, Conferencia Brasileira de Dinâmica, Controle e Aplicaçoes (Águas de Lindóia, Brazil, 2011), XXXVII. Symposium in Real Analysis (São Carlos, Brazil, 2013).
Some of the other invited talks on conferences and seminars: Boundary Value Problems (Santiago de Compostela, Spain, 2008), CDDEA (Slovakia, Strečno 2008, Rajecké Teplice 2010, Terchová 2012), Workshop of constructive methods (Eger 2009, Tokaj 2012), ISAAC Congress 7 (London, United Kingdom, 2009), IWSTA (Jinan, China, 2009), EPNADE: Advances in Theory and Applications (Glasgow, 2010), AIMS 8 (Dresden, 2010); FDEA: Research Workshop of the Israel Science Foundation (Ariel, 2010); Tsinghua University (Beijing, China, 2009), University Center Ariel (Israel, 2010).
Series of Lectures: Nonlinear boundary value problems for ODE's (USP São Paulo - ICMC São Carlos, Brazil, February 2011), Nonlinear differential equations with singularities (University of Santiago de Compostela, in the frame of the project PMII-C6-0375, "Ingenio Mathematica (i-MATH)", 2011), Operator theory applied to periodicity and invertibility (Semana di matematica, UNESP, Ilha Solteira, Brazil, September 2011).
8) Recent grants: Head of the Institutional Research Plan No. AV0Z10190503 (June 2008 - April 2009); main investigator of the project IAA 100190703 of the Grant Agency of the Academy of Sciences (2007-2009).