Research and Professional Experience:
- PhD (Philosophy Doctorate) Professor Adjunct in Leiria Polytechnic Institute from Portugal along last 28 years.
- Scientific interest areas include: Biomass Energy; Cogeneration; Micro-cogeneration; Renewable Energy; Hybrid Energy Systems and Simulation
- He worked for three years in industrial enterprises.
- Member of the Portuguese Engineering Association /Ordem dos Engenheiros.
- Member of INESC Coimbra - Institute for Systems Engineering and Computers at Coimbra is a non-profit R&D institute, affiliated with the University of Coimbra/Portugal.
In 2016 best paper in the VI Congresso Vertentes e Desafios da Segurança/ VI Congress Trends and Challenges of Safety, title: Segurança e Saúde em Sistema Energético a Biomassa / Safety and Health in Energetic System with Biofuel, Nabais, A .; Galvão, J.R .; Ascenso, R. M., Polytechnic Institute Leiria, Portugal.
In 2011 received the International Prize of the World Association for Innovative Technologies in Bratislava, Slovakia.
Member of scientific committee of the International Conference on Innovative Technologies IN-TECH 2017 (Ljubljana/Slovenia); IN-TECH 2016 (Prague/Czech Republic); IN-TECH 2015 (Dubrovnik/Croatia); IN-TECH 2014 (Leiria/Portugal); IN-TECH 2013 (Budapest/Hungary); IN-TECH 2013 (Budapest/Hungary); IN-TECH 2012 (Rijeka/Croatia); IN-TECH 2011 (Bratislava/ Slovakia).
Chairman in presentation sessions IN-TECH 2017; IN-TECH 2016; IN-TECH 2015; IN-TECH 2014; IN-TECH 2013; IN-TECH 2012; IN-TECH 2011
Refereeing of Manuscripts Submitted in Publications
- Journal Climate 2017, title: Impact of Air Temperature on London Ambulance Call-Out Incidents and Response Times
Marliyyah A. Mahmood , John E. Thornes, Francis D. Pope, Paul A. Fisher and Sotiris Vardoulakis; Manuscript ID: climate-206409; http://www.mdpi.com/2225-1154/5/3/61/; doi:10.3390/cli5030061
- Journal Buildings, title: Monitoring a Pre-Normative Multi-Family Housing Case-Study in a Mediterranean Climate, Teresa Blázquez, Rafael Suárez; Juan José Sendra; doi:10.3390/buildings7010001
- Journal Energies; title: The use of dynamic simulation methods and "in situ" tests in the design of energy efficient glazing in buildings; Manuscript ID: energies-133871; http://www.mdpi.com/journal/energies/
- Journal Sustainability, title: Impact of different weather files on London detached residential building performance - deterministic, uncertainty and sensitivity analysis on CIBSE TM48 and CIBSE TM49 future weather variables using CIBSE TM52 as overheating criteria; Joseph Amoako-Attah, Ali B-Jahromi; Manuscript ID: sustainability-148722; http://www.mdpi.com/journal/sustainability/
- Journal: Buildings, title: Quantifying change in buildings in a future climate and their effect on energy systems; Manuscript ID: buildings-91347; http://www.mdpi.com/journal/Buildings
- Sustainable Cities and Society Review - Elsevier, title: The use, management, and maintenance of public green buildings: An analysis of the Taipei Public Library Beitou Branch Sustainable Cities and Society; Manuscript review Number: SCS-D-15-00333; http://ees.elsevier.com/scs
- Journal Buildings, title: Method for evaluating the thermal behavior of a historical building; Manuscript ID: buildings-111108;(http://www.mdpi.com/journal/buildings/)
- Journal Sustainability, title: Organization of Laundry Facility Types and Energy Use in Owner-Occupied Multi-Family Buildings in Sweden; Lena Borg, Lovisa Högberg; Manuscript ID: sustainability-55947, http://www.mdpi.com/journal/sustainability/sections/environment_and_resources ; ISSN 2071-1050 4
- Journal of Hospitality Management / Elsevier 2012 article: "Evaluation of the Application for Solar Energy Hot Water Provision: An Action Research of Independent Hotel".
- IECON 2011 / 37th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, Nov. 2011, Proceedings Book.
- Coeditor Proceedings Book of International Conference on Innovative Technologies - IN-TECH 2014.
see: http://www.in-tech.info/ REVIOUS CONFERENCES
- More 60 scientific publications.