Research and Professional Experience:
- PhD (Philosophy Doctorate) Professor Adjunct in Leiria Polytechnic Institute from Portugal along last 25,5 years.
- Scientific interest areas include: Biomass Energy; Cogeneration; Micro-cogeneration; Renewable Energy; Hybrid Energy Systems and Simulation
- He worked for three years in industrial enterprises.
- Member of the Portuguese Engineering Association /Ordem dos Engenheiros.
- Member of INESC Coimbra - Institute for Systems Engineering and Computers at Coimbra is a non-profit R&D institute, affiliated with the University of Coimbra/Portugal.
In 2011 received the International Prize of the World Association for Innovative Technologies in Bratislava, Slovakia.
Member of scientific committee of the International Conference on Innovative Technologies - IN-TECH 2011 (Bratislava/Slovakia), IN-TECH 2012 (Rijeka/Croatia), IN-TECH 2013 (Budapest/Hungary). IN-TECH 2014 (Leiria/Portugal), IN-TECH 2015 (Dubrovnik/Croatia), IN-TECH 2016 (Prague/Czech Republic),
Chairman in presentation sessions IN-TECH 2011; IN-TECH 2012; IN-TECH 2013; IN-TECH 2014; IN-TECH 2015; IN-TECH 2016.
Refereeing of Manuscripts Submitted in Publications
- Journal of Sustainability MDPI AG/2014; Manuscript ID: sustainability-55947; Title: Organization of Laundry Facility Types and Energy Use in Owner-Occupied Multi-Family Buildings in Sweden; Submitted to section: Sustainable Use of the Environment and Resources,
- Journal of Hospitality Management / Elsevier 2012 article: "Evaluation of the Application for Solar Energy Hot Water Provision: An Action Research of Independent Hotel".
- IECON 2011 / 37th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, Nov. 2011, Proceedings Book.
- More 60 scientific publications.