2002 Candidate of biological sciences (=PhD)
2011 Doctor of biological sciences (DSc)
2016 Professor of the Russian Academy of Sciences
AWARDS AND DIPLOMA
2012 – 1st prize winner among young scientists (by the Government of the Novosibirsk region)
2010 – L’OREAL–UNESCO fellow (for young women in science)
2007 – Prize and Medal «The phenomenon of life» after V.I. Korogodin in Genetics
2005 – INTAS fellow
2003 – Prize and Medal of the Russian Academy of Sciences
MEMBERSHIP IN SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES AND EXPERT COMMITTEES
The head of the Novosibirsk Division of the Russian Society of Genetisists and Breeders
A member of the Federal roster of experts in scientific and technical sphere of the Russian Federation.
EUCARPIA (European Association for Research on Plant Breeding) member.
MEMBERSHIP IN EDITORIAL BOARDS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the VAVILOV JOURNAL OF GENETICS AND BREEDING
A member of the Editorial board of the HEREDITAS journal
A member of the Association of Science Editors and Publishers (ASEP).
genetics, transcriptomics, molecular genetics, genes functions, plant genes, cereal plants, barley, wheat, molecular-genetic bases of plant breeding
MAIN RESEARCH RESULTS (2012-2016)
About 20 genes and quantitative trait loci (QTL) we identified and mapped and included into the Wheat Gene Catalogue, including genes associated with growth  and development , the specific disease resistance genes  and genes related with a wide non-specific resistance to various kinds of abiotic and biotic stress [4-7], the genes having a potential to increase grain nutritional value [8-10]; some of these genes were cloned and sequenced for the first time in wheat, barley and rye, [1, 4-5, 7, 11-12]. Expediency of the conservation of barley and wheat landraces pool as a source of genetic diversity was justified ; and the ability to use a wide range of donors to increase a diversity on certain traits was shown [14-15]; potential sources for improvement of wheat drought tolerance were identified . Special attention was paid to the biological role and economic importance of genes associated with the synthesis of plant phenolic compounds [16-17], to the peculiarities of their regulation, evolution and structural and functional organization [5, 7, 11-12, 18-22]. The efficiency of the creation of new genotypes of cereals using molecular selection was demonstrated  and an increasing role of genetic models and collections of genetic lines for the identification of new target genes and studying their regulatory characteristics by modern methods of comparative genetics and genomics was justified [22-25].
1. Khlestkina E.K., et al. (2012). EWAC Newsl. 15: 137-139.
2. Shcherban A.B., Khlestkina E.K., et al. (2013) Genetica. 141:133-141.
3. Simon M.R., Khlestkina E.K., et al. 2(2014) EUCARPIA Cereal Section – ITMI joint Conf., June 29 – July 4, 2014, Wernigerode, Germany. P. 275
4. Shoeva O.Y., Dobrovolskaya O.B., Leonova I.N., Salina E.A., Khlestkina E.K. (2016) Biologia Plantarum. 60 (2): 279-284
5. Shoeva O.Yu., Khlestkina E.K., et al. (2014) Gene. 538(2):334-341.
6. Khlestkina E.K., et al. (2014). Plant Breed. 133:454-458.
7. Shoeva O.Y., Gordeeva E.I., Khlestkina E.K. (2014) Molecules. V. 19. P. 20266-20279.
8. Khlestkina E., Shoeva O., Börner A., Gordeeva E. (2014). Options Mediterraneennes. Series A. 110: 533-539.
9. Tereshchenko O.Y., Pshenichnikova T.A., Salina E.A., Khlestkina EK (2012) Cereal Res Commun 40: 210-214.
10. Tereshchenko OY, Gordeeva E.I., Arbuzova V.S., Börner A., Khlestkina EK (2012) Cereal Res Commun 40: 334–341.
11. Shoeva O.Yu., Kukoeva T.V., Börner A., Khlestkina E.K. (2015) Plant Breeding. 134: 400-405.
12. Khlestkina E.K., Shoeva O.Y. (2014) Mol Breed. 33: 953-959.]
13. Börner A., Khlestkina E.K., et al. (2012) J Biosciences 37: 871-877.
14. Shumny V.K., Khlestkina E.K., et al. (2016) In: Genetics, Evolution and Radiation: The Springer, Dordrecht. 2016. P. 107-120. ISBN 978-3-319-48837-0
15. Yudina R.S., Leonova I.N., Salina E.A., Khlestkina E.K. (2015) Russian Journal of Genetics: Applied Research. 5:168–173.
16. Khlestkina E.K. (2013) Cereal Res Commun. 41: 185-198.
17. Gordeeva E.I., Shoeva O.Y., Khlestkina E.K. (2013) Cereal Res Commun. 41: 519-526.
18. Tereshchenko, O.Y., Arbuzova, V.S., Khlestkina, E.K. (2013). J Cereal Sci. 57:10-13.
19. Shoeva O.Yu., Khlestkina E.K. (2015) Cereal. Res. Commun. 43(4): 537-543.
20. Khlestkina E.K., et al. (2013) J Mol Evol. 76:261-266.
21. Shoeva O.Yu., Khlestkina E.K. (2013) Molecular Biology 47: 901-903.
22. Gordeeva E.I., Shoeva O.Y., Khlestkina E.K. (2015) Euphytica 203:469–476.
23. Khlestkina E.K. (2014) Mol Breed 34: 273–281.
24. Shmakov N.A., ... Khlestkina E.K. (2016). BMC Plant Biology. 16 (Suppl 3):245.
25. Shoeva OY., ... Khlestkina EK (2016) PLoS ONE 11(10): e0163782.