GIVEN NAME: Stanislav
FAMILY NAME: ANTONTSEV
(Other transliteration of the family name: ANTONCEV)
Date and Place of Birth September 29, 1943, Volgograd, Russia
Center for Mathematics and Fundamental Applications-CMAF, University of Lisbon
Av. Prof. Gama Pinto, 2
1649-003 Lisbon, Portugal
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: +351 919 204 034
Fax: +351 217 954 288
Current Position: Senior Researcher. Program Science of 2008, CMAF, University of Lisbon, Portugal. (15.06.2009-present).
01. 06. 2007 – 14.06.2009, CMAF, University of Lisbon. Schólarship of FCT (FCT is Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, Portugal).
In the period 01. 06. 2006-31.05.2007 – Sabbatical Professor at the Department of Applied Mathematics, University Complutense, Madrid (“Programa de Visitantes Distinguidos e Investigadores Extranjeros en la UCM” financed by the Ministry of Education and Science, Spain).
Full Visiting Professor, University of Beira Interior, Portugal (04.09.1995-2007, since 01.10.2005 with remunerate 0%).
1993 – 2000, Senior Leading Researcher of the Filtration Department of the Lavrentiev’s Institute of Hydrodynamics of Siberian Branch of Academy of Sciences of U.S.S.R, Novosibirsk.
1992 – 1994, Visiting Professor, Scholarship of FICYT, University of Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain, (FICYT is Fundacion para el Fomento de Investigation Cientifica y Technologia).
1976 – 1993, Chairman of the Filtration Department of the Lavrentiev’s Institute of Hydrodynamics of Siberian Branch of Academy of Sciences of U.S.S.R, Novosibirsk.
1968 – 1976, Senior Leading Researcher of the Theoretical Department of the Lavrentiev’s Institute of Hydrodynamics of Siberian Branch of Academy of Sciences of U.S.S.R, Novosibirsk.
Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk, Russia .
1983 – 1993, Full Professor of the Chair of Theoretical Mechanics (part time),
1969 – 1983, Associate Professor (part-time),
1968 – 1969, Assistant Professor (part-time),
• Nonlinear PDEs and their application to continuum mechanics, free boundary problems for nonlinear PDEs
• Mathematical models for hydrodynamics and multiphase filtration (systems of the type: water - petroleum, gas - water - petroleum)
• Mathematical models of hydrological cycle (processes of mass transport in coupled flows of surface, soil and underground water)
• Free boundary problems in filtration and fluid dynamics
• Existence, uniqueness and qualitative properties of solutions for nonlinear elliptic, parabolic and hyperbolic equations, including equations with nonstandard growth conditions. Applications to flows of thermo-electro-rheological non-Newtonian fluids, to thermistor problems, to processing of digitalized images.
• Stability and localization properties, such that identical vanishing of solutions on open subsets of the problem domain for stationary equations. The effect of time localization (alias extinction of the solution in a finite time) or the decay rates as time goes to infinity, the phenomenon of finite speed of propagation of disturbances from the data and the waiting time effect, or possible shrinking of the support and formation of the dead cores for solutions to evolution equations.
Education and Academic Degrees
2003 Professor with Aggregation, Area – Mathematics, Faculty of sciences of University of Lisbon. Theme: “Energy methods. Applications to PDEs and Fluid Mechanics”, Lisbon, 18-19.12.2003.
1998 Ph.D. In Mathematics, Mathematical analysis, Faculty of sciences of University of Lisbon, Lisbon, 19.10.1998.
Degree of Full Professor of Chair of Theoretical Mechanics. Degree awarded by the Supreme Qualification Commission of the Council of Ministers of U.S.S.R, Moscow, Diploma Nº 012284, minutes Nº 9 K/8, 22.03.1985.
Doctor of Science in Physics and Mathematics, Computing Center of Siberian Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk, (awarded by the Supreme Qualification Commission of the Council of Ministers of U.S.S.R, Moscow, Diploma FM Nº001562, minutes Nº10, 12.03.1982).
Degree of Superior Scientific Researcher, (awarded by Presidium of Academy of Sciences of U.S.S.R, Moscow, Diploma MSN Nº088277, minutes Nº177, 13.02.1975).
Degree of Associate Professor, Docent, ( awarded by Ministry of middle and higher education of U.S.S.R, Moscow, 15.01.1971, minutes 4/P, Diploma MDC Nº061124).
Ph.D. in Physics and Mathematics, Sobolev’s Institute of Mathematics of Siberian Division of the Russian