• Commissioner, Spanish Nuclear Safety Council (CSN), October 2015-
• Professor Chair of Nuclear Engineering, ETSEIB-UPC, 2003-2015. (Currently on special leave).
• Industrial Engineer degree, specialty energy technology, by the ETSEIB-UPC, 1985.
• Award First Master Thesis promotion 84-85, from all Catalonia, granted by the College of Industrial Engineers of Cataluña. (master thesis in nuclear engineering)
• Ph D Industrial Engineer by the ETSEIB-UPC, (Ph D thesis in nuclear engineering) 1989.
• PhD Award with special distinction by UPC 1989.
Management, communication and International Experience in Nuclear Engineering.
• Vice Dean School of Engineering of Barcelona, ETSEIB-UPC, 1995-2002.
• Vice President European Nuclear Education Network, ENEN, 2013-.
• Director of the Nuclear Engineering Section ETSEIB, UPC, 1999-2006.
• Deputy European Master in Nuclear Energy (EMINE) at UPC, 2010-2015.
• Coordinator of the Diploma Nuclear Engineering. ETSEIB-UPC, 1999-2006.
• Coordinator of the Nuclear Engineering Research Group (NERG) at UPC. 2005-2015
• Has participate in 13 missions (Argentina, Austria, China, Ghana, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Tailandia, USA, Vietnam,) of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
• Contact Person at UPC for European Nuclear Education Network (ENEN), which drives among other activities the "European Master of Science in Nuclear Engineering" (EMSNE). 2005-2015
• Secretary of the Chair Argos for Nuclear Safety sponsored by Spanish Nuclear Regulatory Commission in the ETSEIB, 2005-2006.
• Contact Person at UPC for ITER. 2005-2015
• Communication and outreach activities: several participations in television programs (TVE, TV3, BTV, Miami-TV-USA, several sudAmerica-TV channels), radio, newspapers, conferences to: journalists, politicians, secondary school teacher’s, student’s secondary schools and public. Webinars.
Education and training in Nuclear Engineering.
• Since 1985 Professor of Nuclear Engineering in the DFEN-ETSEIB-UPC. (30 years’ experience in nuclear engineering). (Currently on special leave).
• Responsible Professor in the ETSEIB of subjects:
Nuclear Reactors Physics
• Has been Professor collaborator in the ETSEIB of the subjects:
Nuclear Safety and Radiation Protection,
• Professor of training activities on the job:
o Fundamentals on Nuclear Reactor Operations
o Nuclear Reactors Operations. Practiques with nuclear power plant conceptual simulator.
• Author of the Multimedia on Nuclear Reactors Physics distributed to more of 100 countries from IAEA-CLP.
Research and Development in Nuclear Engineering.
• Participation in projects of R & D of the European Community (EEC/BI-6-278-E-EL, EEC/BI-7-0047.C-JR, FI-2W-0002-C-MB) and in national projects of R & D (CICYT-AMB92-0817-C02-01, CICYT-WITH-IN93-0326, FTN2000-1743-C02-01, FTN2002-02601, ENE2004-05647, Association Euratom-Ciemat C2544, ENRESA C2725, ENRESA C2725A, TECNATOM, Spanish Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Association Nuclear Asco-Vandellos II AIE, ENDESA, ITER Organization, Fusion for Energy, Eurofusion.
• Research topic 2004-2015: Nuclear Safety. Probabilistic Safety Assessment.
• Papers published in journals: Nuclear Science and Technology, Journal of Nuclear Materials, SNE, Nuclear Safety, Fusion Engineering and Design, Review of Scientific Instruments, Nuclear Fusion, Radiation Protection Dosimetry, Health Physics, Journal of Plasma and Fusion Research Series, Physical review letter.
• Referee to some international journals and evaluator of nuclear research projects in Spain and EU. Evaluator of professors in nuclear engineering worldwide.
• Has addressed 12 PhD doctoral thesis and 4 more are under way in the area of nuclear engineering.
• Author or co-author of more than 240 publications related to nuclear engineering.
• Date of birth 7-14-1962, Lérida, Spain.
• Married since 1990 with Teresa, 1 daughter and 3 sons.