Manuel Melle-Franco got a 5-year physical chemistry degree from University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain) and an M.Sc. in materials chemistry from University of Kent (UK), where he also pursued a PhD Manuel spent one year in University of Milano-Biccoca and got his PhD in 2001 in chemical physics. After that, he worked in the department of chemistry of the University of Bologna for 8 years, and later he moved to Portugal, where he worked in University of Porto, and University of Minho.
- Five years degree in Physical Chemistry (“Licenciado superior”) 1991-1996, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- M.Sc. in Materials chemistry by coursework and dissertation, 1997, the University of Kent at Canterbury, UK
- Ph.D. in Chemical Physics, 1997-2001, the University of Kent at Canterbury, UK
* Computer simulation and modelling in physics, chemistry and nanotechnology
* Carbon nanomaterials
* Scientific computing, programming and parallel computing