Margaret Niznikiewicz, Ph.D.: Education: M.A., Linguistics; University of Wroclaw, Poland;
Ph.D., Experimental Psychology and Electrophysiology; SUNY at Stony Brook, NY;
Current position: Associate Professor in Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA; Research Health Scientist, Department of Psychiatry, Boston VA Healthcare System
Major Research Interests:
1. The relationship between brain function and cognitive and clinical manifestations of language impairment in schizophrenia.
2. The biological basis of language function in both healthy and clinical populations.
3. The biological basis of semantic memory structure.
4. The neuroscience models of language and semantic memory
5. Schizotypal Personality Disorder - the validity of the construct of schizophrenia spectrum disorders and insights it provides for the study of schizophrenia.
6. Social cognition and social communication in schizophrenia and Williams’ syndrome