• Principal Investigator for the JIRAM (Jovian InfraRed Auroral Mapper) experiment, funded by the Italian Space Agency (ASI), on board Juno, a NASA mission to the planet Jupiter;
• Co-Investigator of the Juno NASA Project;
• Co-Investigator in the ESA Cosmic Vision mission JUICE mission of the projects MAJIS and JANUS.
• About 30-years’ experience in scientific projects coordination (instrumentation for active and passive remote sensing have been designed, realized and operated under my coordination).
• More than 35-years’ experience in the field of atmospheric science (experience in atmospheric physics and chemistry, microphysics, optics and modeling finalized to the interpretation of atmospheric data).
• More than 30-years’ experience in the development and use of optical instrumentation for studying Earth and Planetary Atmospheres by means of observations from different ground-based, airborne, balloon-borne and space-borne platforms. He has collaborated with various scientists from many different institutions in Europe and USA.