Prof. Kamel Ajlouni
M.D. Dr. med (anatomy) DRL(hc)Dr. Medical sciences (hc) FACP, FACE,FRCP
Date of Birth : 1st of March 1943
Place of Birth : Sarih, Jordan
Marital Status : Married
Wife's Name : Amal
Childern : 4
Sachir - 1969
Leith - 1973
Heitham - 1974
Heba - 1979
Languages : Arabic, English, German
- Rashidiah College, Jerusalem, Palestine June 1955 - May 1958
- Hussein College, Amman, Jordan June 1958 - May 1960
- Studien Kollege ( General Science), University of Heidelberg, West Germany, 1st May 1961 - 30th April 1962
- Medical School, University of Heidelberg, 1st May 1962 - 11th December 1967 Date of Graduation (State Examination), 11th December 1967 (Magna Cum Laude)
Doctor of Medicine,Anatomy University of Heidelberg, 16th February 1968 (Cum Laude).
Professional training :
- Rotating Internship, University of Heidelberg, Stuttgart City Hospital 1`st January 1968 - 31st December 1968
- Internal Medicine Residency, St. Ursula Hospital, Boppord, Rhein 1st January 1969 - 31st October 1969.
U. S. A.
- Straight Internship, Medicine, Mercy Hospital, Buffalo, New York November 1969 - 31st December 1970.
- Residency, Medicine, Mercy Hospital, Buffalo, New York 1st January 1971 - 31st December 1971.
- Residency, Medicine, The Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 1st January 1972 - 31st December 1972.
- Chief Medical Resident, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 1972 - 1973.
- Fellowship, Endocrine,. The Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 1st July 1973 – 30th June 1975.
- Licenses to work in Jordan and in all Arab countries reciprocal.
- USA: license to practice Medicine and Surgery. Wisconsin 1978.
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Scholarships for four consecutive years (1964, 1965, 1966, and 1967).
- Abdul-Hameed Shouman Prize for Young Arab Researchers (1983) .
- The Order of Independence (First Class).
- The Order of Education (Excellent Class).
- Sieglar American Institute Prize for Diabetes Research (2002).
- State Appreciation Award for Pure and Applied Sciences (2002).
- University of Jordan Award for the Best Researcher in the Medical
- The State of Kuwait Prize for Combating Cancer, Heart and Diabetes Diseases in the Mediterranean Region (2006) in honor of his contribution in the field of diabetes research.
- Harvesting Excellence Award of the University of Jordan 2007
- Award the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research of the distinguished researcher in the area of medical and pharmaceutical sciences 2007
- Hussein accolade in outstanding tender / first class 2007
- International Clinician Award from the American College of Endocrinology 2008
- The United Arab Emirates Health Foundation Prize 2010.
- Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Award for Medical Sciences 2010
- Abdul Hameed Shoman Forum Prize 2011
- Gold Medal of the Jordanian Red Crescent, "which is the highest decoration granted by the National Assembly of the Jordanian Red Crescent 2013.
- The Socrates award in science and research field. Oxford. UK 2013
- Special recognition from The Marquis Who’s Who publications Board 1983/1984.
- International scientist of the year 2002. England.
o The Independent Medal of first class
o The Education Medal , Excellent Grade
o King Hussein Medal for the excellence of performance 2007
- M.D., 1967 Doctor der Medizin ( Anatomy)
- ECFMG 112 - 470 - 0, 12th February 1969
- FLEX, 11th June 1974
- American Board of Internal Medicine, 19th June 1974.
- Fellowship of the American College of Physicians, 1975.
- Fellowship of the American College of Endocrinology 2002
- Fellow of the Royal College of physicians (UK).
- The distinguished International Clinician Award 2008
(Elected November 2007 by the American college of Endocrinology)
- The degree of Honorary Doctorate in “Medical Sciences” from Jordan University of Science and Technology on 24th February 2014.