I am a musicologist and electroacoustic music composer. My research focuses on political, historical, and aesthetics issues of music and sound, in particular related to conflict and violence. I am currently postdoctoral researcher at the University of Fribourg and associated research fellow at the Fondation Maison des Sciences de l’Homme in Paris (Humanitarian studies platform and research programme Sortir de la violence, ANR SoV). After completing my PhD in Music and musicology at Sorbonne University in 2011, I was a postdoctoral researcher at the École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales (EHESS), and University of Salzburg, as well as a Balzan visiting fellow at the University of Oxford. I am co-editor of the journal Transposition. Music and social sciences and editor of the open access research blog Music, Sound and Conflict.
- Music and musicology of the 20th and 21st centuries
- Music in conflict and post-conflict situations
- Music and politics in democracy and authoritarian regimes
- Creative and collaborative practices in music
- Music and identity in war propaganda
- Anthropology of sound