ORCID Board Meeting Summary
Meeting Date: November 18-19, 2010
Location: London offices of Wellcome Trust, UK
- Robert Kiley (alternate)*
- Amy Brand (by telephone)*
- Martin Fenner
- Janifer Gatenby (alternate)
- Dave Kochalko
- Salvatore Mele
- Ed Pentz (minutes)
- Howard Ratner (chair)
- Bernie Rous
- Chris Shillum
- MacKenzie Smith
- Hideaki Takeda
- Craig Van Dyck
- Simeon Warner
- Michelle Lin (counsel)
- Geoffrey Bilder (guest)
- Brian Wilson (guest)
- Edward Wates (alternate)**
* only attended Day 1/ ** only attended Day 2
This meeting spanned the afternoon of November 18 and the morning of November 19.
Discussion on the first day was devoted mainly to finalizing the wording of the ORCID
principles, which are now posted to the ORCID site. Guiding principles of the Technical
Working Group, ORCID survey results, and key partnerships were also discussed.
Discussion on the second day focused on updates from committees and working groups
of the Board.
- October 8, 2010 meeting minutes passed.
- Conflict of Interest (COI) policy unanimously approved
- ORCID principles (as now posted) approved. (11 aye, 0 nay, 1 abstention)
- Business Working group will use the survey results as a basis to draft an ORCID scope document for discussion/approval at the next Board meting. Unanimous approval.
- Motion that the Board will not authorize any further expenditure except on fund raising until there are finds or pledges of funds. Unanimous approval.
Other key actions:
- The board reviewed a one-page sponsorship prospectus with a quote from Phil Bourne, and agreed to proceed with a sponsorship drive, sending the prospectus to all current participants.
- The Board supported having the TWG make a proposal to VIVO to evaluate the VIVO code and look at writing the extensions that ORCID will need for the VIVO system.
Board Members/Alternates to date:
- Cornell: Simeon Warner/Jon Corson-Rikert
- CrossRef: Ed Pentz/Linda Beebe
- Elsevier: Crish Shillum/Karen Hunter
- Harvard: Amy Brand, Stuart Shieber
- MIT: MacKenzie Smith/Diane Geraci
- NPG: Howard Ratner/Veronique Kiermer
- OCLC: Tom Hickey/Janifer Gatenby
- Wellcome Trust: Liz Allen/Robert Kiley
- Wiley: Craig Van Dyck/Edward Wates
- CERN/Inspire: Salvatore/Travis Brooks (SLAC/Inspire)
- ACM: Bernie Rous/TBA
- Hannover: Martin Fenner/TBA
- NII: Hideaki Takeda/TBA
- Thomson Reuters: Dave Kochalko/TBA