ORCID Board Meeting Summary
Meeting Date: October 16, 2012
Location: Springer, Berlin, Germany
- Liz Allen, Wellcome Trust
- Micah Altman, MIT (on phone)*
- Amy Brand, Harvard University (on phone)*
- Craig Van Dyck, Wiley-Blackwell
- Martin Fenner, Hannover Medical School
- Janifer Gatenby, OCLC (alternate)*
- Dave Kochalko (on phone)*
- Salvatore Mele, CERN
- Ed Pentz, CrossRef
- Howard Ratner, Nature Publishing Group (Chair)
- Bernie Rous, Association for Computing Machinery
- Chris Shillum, Elsevier
- Hideaki Takeda, National Institute of Informatics
- Simeon Warner, Cornell University
- Laure Haak, Executive Director
- Jackie Ewenstein, Legal Counsel
The Technical Director provided a demonstration of the ORCID Registry. The Board discussed 2013 financials, staffing plans, and ORCID EU; reviewed legal documents including user terms and conditions, document retention and whistleblower policies; and discussed its CC0 policy. The board received an update from the Nominating Committee and Outreach Working Group, and discussed service provider membership policies. The Executive Director briefed the board on personnel policies, membership, marketing, staffing, and planned evaluation metrics.
MOTION: Approve minutes from July Board meeting. (10 aye, 0 nay, 0 abstain)
MOTION: Approve Document Retention Policy and Whistleblower Policy as amended. (10 aye, 0 nay, 0 abstain).
MOTION: Approve loan to ORCID EU, in Euro, with Sept 2015 end date, pending tax advice on Euro. (5 aye, 0 nay, 5 abstain) Recusal by Howard, Liz (on ORCID EU board), Martin, Salvatore (affiliation with ORCID EU) and abstention by Simeon.
MOTION to rename budget line currently labeled “Board Travel” to “Board and Working Group Travel”. (10 aye, 0 nay, 1 abstain).
MOTION to approve the Expenditure Management Policy revision as presented. (11 aye, 0 nay, 0 abstain)
MOTION: Provide ED to use unspent payroll to hire contractor if needed. (11 aye, 0 nay, 0 abstain)
MOTION: Approve 2013 Budget. (11 aye, 0 nay, 0 abstain)