ORCID is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and highly effective communications professional for the position of Communications Specialist. If you like the excitement of a start-up organization and the public-service orientation of a non-profit, join us in building our communications team.
ORCID is an international non-profit organization working to create a world in which all who participate in research and innovation are uniquely identified and connected to their contributions and affiliations across disciplines, borders, and time. To achieve our vision of a trustworthy identifier-enabled research information infrastructure, we provide individuals a unique persistent identifier while building and sustaining a community of users and adopters. We are committed to openness, diversity, and our core principles of privacy and researcher control.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. In your letter, please include the name of a place you’ve never been to but would love to visit and why.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, this position helps implement ORCID’s communications strategy across all regions and communities. The Communications Specialist helps increase the adoption and use of ORCID by researchers and their organizations by utilizing a broad range of communications to promote awareness and understanding of ORCID and its benefits for them. The responsibilities of this role include:
- Helping to implement the ORCID communications and event strategies. Collaborating with Engagement and Product teams to develop and execute specific communications campaigns
- Working with the Director of Communications to ensure that we are communicating effectively with our communities through a variety of media and messages, including proactively adding new content and updating existing content as needed
- Coordinating ORCID’s social channel comms, including the ORCID blog and social media accounts
- Coordinating production of ORCID’s monthly member newsletter
- Acting as Comms Team Contact for the Engagement Teams, participate in their meetings to ensure alignment of priorities and to coordinate communications activities
- Supporting the production of ORCID publications, such as the annual report and other ad hoc reports
- Monitoring our communications activities and KPIs and works with the Director of Communications to use this information to continuously improve our communication tools and offerings
- Monitoring compliance with the ORCID brand internally and externally
- Developing and manages an ORCID image library
- Collaborating with the Comms Writer/Editor to create online and print marketing resources and collateral
- Helping inform communications strategy and supports implementation of same for ORCID events, including PIDapalooza, the consortium workshop, and regional workshops
- Participating in other internal and external activities and events as agreed with the Director of Communications
- 3+ years experience in a communications role
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, listening - including experience presenting virtually and in-person
- Strong organizational and skills and attention to detail
- Motivated self-manager, ideally with some experience of working remotely
- Experience using GSuite, SalesForce, Trello, Slack is an advantage
- Flexible and adaptable - comfortable working in a fast-changing environment
- Proven social media and networking expertise, especially Twitter and LinkedIn
- Excellent English language required (native speaker or equivalent); other language(s) desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues that supports a cooperative work environment.
- Bonus - a strong understanding of ORCID’s vision and mission - and passion for helping us achieve it
- A committed and awesome team serving a community-driven organization
- Competitive compensations and benefits
- Flexible work hours and tools to support our virtual office environment
- Work from anywhere
- Budget to choose your preferred laptop and software you need
About the organization
ORCID is a mission-driven not-for-profit organization grounded by our core values: we are open, transparent. collaborative, global, diverse, inclusive, trusted, and persistent. We are committed to our values and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. This position is home based and full time. Our team is diverse, and based around the globe. The role requires the new staff member to be available for meetings with at least 4 hours of overlap with the US Eastern time zone.