Job Opening: EMEA Engagement Lead
ORCID is maturing and we seek a highly motivated individual to join our Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) Engagement team as we scale our operations. The EMEA Engagement Lead is responsible for community adoption of ORCID and sustainability across her/his assigned European sub-region, in alignment with our core strategies and values.
About the team
Engagement is all about interacting with ORCID communities. All members of the team share responsibility for user adoption, system integrations, and membership.
The key high-level processes and responsibilities of the team are to:
- Build communities of practice by region and sector, and help develop and test scaling strategies, such as creating engagement channels focused on service providers and consortia
- Engage with communities and organizations to demonstrate membership value proposition through events, workshops and webinars
- Support financial sustainability by recruiting, onboarding, and renewing members, including managing member agreements, invoicing, and establishing and helping implement their initial integration plans
- Build a trusted ORCID infrastructure by working with members on implementation plans, issuing credentials, annual implementation review, and re-certification
- Support iD-ID connections in our community by providing member support, escalation of tier 2 technical support, policy issues, and documentation
- Providing information and technical training to support the adoption of ORCID identifiers and implementation of ORCID tools and services, including helping to organize workshops and webinars.
- Share what we learn through internal platforms and record keeping, and external communications
The EMEA Engagement Lead is responsible for leading and developing an assigned sub-region in EMEA, implementing key strategies to promote and facilitate ORCID adoption. through membership and integrations.
- Working collaboratively within and across teams to implement a regional strategy that is aligned with ORCID’s long- and short-term strategic goals.
- Fostering the core values of ORCID and building regional and sectoral “communities of practice”.
- Building relationships regionally among users and organizations with the goal of achieving our regional membership, partnership, integration, and user adoption objectives.
- Managing relationships with ORCID members, from lead opportunity stage through onboarding and implementation of ORCID, and managing membership renewals
- Collaborating with the ORCID communications and technical teams to develop and extend regional contacts.
- Providing information and training to support the adoption of ORCID identifiers and implementation of ORCID tools and services, including helping to organize workshops and webinars.
- Providing Tier 1 help desk support for members and escalated support for users, including reviewing iDeas forum submissions; working with the technical team to prioritize, specify, and review new features; and identifying opportunities to improve and streamline our community support workflows.
- Assist the various internal ORCID teams with support or input as needed (Communications, Product, Technology, Operations)
Specific requirements include:
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and excellent active listening skills
- Team player able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Ability to establish and maintain strong peer-to-peer relationships and work across organizations
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Forward looking, flexible, and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- The ability to work successfully in a changing and scaling environment
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization, including providing frank and honest feedback and advice
- (Preferred) Experience working in a non-profit mission-driven organization, based on a membership model
- An entrepreneurial self-starter, able to work independently and enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- English fluency (written and verbal), additional European languages (in particular Eastern European) preferred
- Experience working in a virtual office environment and ability to travel about 20% of the time
- Knowledge of- and experience with Eastern European territories preferred
- A committed and passionate team serving a community-driven organization
- Competitive compensations and benefits
- Flexible work hours and tools to support our virtual office environment
- Work from anywhere
About the organization
ORCID is a mission-driven not-for-profit organization grounded by our core values: we are open, transparent. collaborative, global, diverse, inclusive, trusted, and persistent. We are committed to our values and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. This position is home based and full time. Our team is diverse, and based around the globe. The role requires the new staff member to be available for meetings with at least 4 hours of overlap with the US Eastern time zone.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Candidates applying by January 17, 2020 will be given first consideration for this position. In your cover letter, please describe which animal you would compare yourself to and why.