Job Opening: HR Manager
ORCID is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic professional for the position of HR Manager. If you like the excitement of a start-up organization and the public-service orientation of a non-profit, join us in building and managing our team.
ORCID (https://orcid.org) is an international non-profit organization working to create a world in which all who participate in research and innovation are uniquely identified and connected to their contributions and affiliations across disciplines, borders, and time. To achieve our vision of a trustworthy identifier-enabled research information infrastructure, we provide individuals a unique persistent identifier while building and sustaining a community of users and adopters. We are committed to openness, diversity, and our core principles of privacy and researcher control.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. In your letter, please include the name of your favorite airport and why.
ORCID is seeking a Human Resources Manager. This role will engage in a variety of HR matters to support ORCID’s global staff. If you are an HR generalist that likes to foster teamwork and genuine collaboration, are assertive and self-motivated, organized, dedicated, and enjoy the mission-driven environment of a fast-paced maturing non-profit organization, this could be the job for you.
The position reports to the Director of Operations and will be part of the Operations team. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and proven success as an HR generalist at the management level.
- Development/Training: Assess ORCID’s needs and partner with each team to develop and implement consistent strategies relating to management training and staff development. Design and Implement ORCID’s training framework. Lead and/or organize staff training as appropriate on the individual, team or organizational level. Engage with external consultants as needed.
- Recruiting: Assist hiring managers when needed in creating job descriptions, posting job advertisements, screening candidates, and serving as an advisor during the interview process.
- Hires/Terminations: Manage all on-boarding and off-boarding protocols for staff including administering all relevant HR documentation, coordinating with ORCID vendors as appropriate (payroll, brokers, international PEO firms), overseeing new hire orientation, setting up access to ORCID systems & tools, and conducting exit interviews for departing staff members. Routinely evaluate ORCID’s International menu of consultants, brokers, payroll and PEO firms.
- Performance Management: Manage the performance assessment process to ensure a high performing team and the implementation of best practices. Manage ORCID’s annual review process by evaluating ORCID’s evolving needs, providing instruction on timelines and processes to staff, and by providing guidance to managers on effective performance evaluations and options for coaching and training.
- Staff Handbook: Maintain Staff handbook and other HR policies and suggest and implement changes to reflect our values and meet the needs of our global staff.
- Benefits Administration: Administer ORCID’s suite of benefits. Oversee workers’ compensation audit on an annual basis. On a regular basis, evaluate ORCID’s current benefits and employee perks factoring in both cost and employee satisfaction.
- Compliance: Ensure implementation and monitor compliance of existing ORCID policies and programs. Monitor employment regulations for our global staff and ensure our policies are in compliance with local legal frameworks. Maintain accurate employee records and job descriptions.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Actively promote diversity and inclusion in staffing and an open and equitable work environment for all staff related to programs, policies and procedures. Support the Senior team on value-driven initiatives at ORCID.
- Operational Support: Assist in the production and implementation of operational policies & procedures; troubleshoot issues with staff regarding our various systems & tools; provide logistical and administrative support as needed by the Operations team. Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 10+ plus years of HR generalist experience, with 3-5 years at the management level
- Experience working and engaging in global, multicultural, and virtual team environments
- Excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple demands and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Tech savvy and the ability to learn and administer new systems and tools quickly
- Fluency in English required. Additional languages a plus.
- Ability to travel based upon business needs (less than 10%)
- A committed and awesome team serving a community-driven organization
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible work hours and tools to support our virtual office environment
- Budget to choose your preferred laptop
- Knowledgeable and involved Board and community participants