ORCID Outreach Meeting - October 17, 2012, Berlin, Germany
ORCID hosted its biannual Outreach meeting on October 17, 2012 in Berlin, Germany. This meeting was a unique opportunity to learn about the progress of the ORCID initiative in person and to discuss relevant issues with the research community. The program included interactive presentations on ORCID integration, an overview of the features in the October launch, and a demo of the ORCID Registry.
The Open Researcher & Contributor ID (ORCID) Initiative is a community effort to establish an open, independent registry of persistent unique identifier for researchers and scholars and automated linkages to research objects that is adopted and embraced as the industry’s de facto standard.
We provided WebEx and dial-in capabilities for those who could not attend in-person.
The Outreach Meeting was be held at the Grimm-Zentrum of Humboldt University, Geschwister-Scholl-Straße 3, 10117 Berlin.
- 09:00 Registration and Breakfast
- 10:00 Welcome and Review of Agenda: Laure Haak, ORCID Executive Director
- 10:15 Getting to Launch: Howard Ratner, ORCID Chair slides
- 10:45 Measuring Success: em>Laure Haak, Executive Director slides
- 11:00 ORCID Membership: Ed Pentz, ORCID Business Working Group Co-Chair slides
- 11:30 Preview of the ORCID Registry: Laura Paglione, Technical Director
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Integrator Demonstration Stations
- 14:30 Keynote: Individual Identifiers, International Interoperability: Josh Brown, JISC slides
- 15:30 Panel: ORCID on a National Scale: Opportunities and Challenges
- 17:30 Meeting Adjourns
Webcast and Twitter
Those unable to attend in person had the opportunity to participate via WebEx for broadcast audio and viewing of the presentation slides (registration required). We also posted updates via the @orcid_org Twitter account. The hashtag #orcid8 was used for all tweets and other social media activities.
Information about Berlin hotels and visitor information can be found here.
For questions about this or any other ORCID event, please contact [email protected].