ORCID US Roadshow - Austin
We are delighted to announce that we are running a series of ORCID events in the US this year. Our third stop is the University of Texas at Austin on September 22. The theme of the meeting is "ORCID for Researchers and Organizations: Why, What, How?"
Members of our support team will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about implementing ORCID at your organization, and there will also be plenty of time for networking and Q&A.
We look forward to seeing you in Austin!
Perry Castañeda Library (PCL)
Learning Lab 1
University of Texas at Austin
101 E. 21st Street
Austin, TX 78712 (campus map)
The closest visitor parking is in the Brazos Garage (BRG). A visitor parking map can be found here.
09.30 - 10.00: Registration & Coffee
10.00 - 10.15: Welcome
10.15 - 10.45: ORCID: Why, What, How?
- Overview of why ORCID is needed, what we are and do, how we work (for researchers and institutions)
10.45 - 12.15: Building a great ORCID integration
- Introduction to Collect & Connect
- ORCID API basics
- Asserting your researchers’ affiliations in ORCID (CRIS systems and other options)
- Institutional repositories (Duraspace, ePrints)
12.15 - 13.15: Lunch
13.15 - 14.30: Interactive discussion on getting started with ORCID
- How to get the most out of your ORCID integration
- Getting buy-in
- Planning your integration
- Using vendor-enabled systems vs building your own
- Community engagement and outreach
- Measuring success
14.30 - 15.00: ORCID panel Q&A