ORCID Peer Review Early Adopter Program
In early 2014 ORCID worked with F1000 and CASRAI to create a working group to look at Peer Review Activity and the fields use to describe it. ORCID has developed an Early Adopter program for organizations that would like to develop workflows and system connections to the ORCID implementation prior to our official launch. To join the Early Adopter program, organizations make the following commitments:
- Software developers who have implemented other aspects of the ORCID API for their organization
- Organizational bandwidth to incorporate ORCID's peer review functionality into processes/systems during sumer 2015
- Organizational buy-in to launch the work done during summer 2015
- Interest in being a part of ORCID's peer review activity communications campaign
So far several organizations have expressed an interest in exploring the Early Adopter program, including:
- Aries Systems
- Politics & Religion Journal
- AGU with eJournalPress
- Peerage of Science
Even if you are not interested in the early adopter program, this page provides the details of ORCID's implementation of the Peer Review Working Group recommendations. After its launch, Peer Review functionality will be open to all ORCID API users later this year. See our blog posts about this topic:
- ORCID's Early Adopter Peer Review Program - A Progress Report - 2015 Jul 31
- F1000 and ORCID Partner to Launch Standard for Citing Peer Review Activities - 2015 May 18
- Last chance to comment on Peer Review citation data standard - 2014 Sep 18
- ORCID and CASRAI: Acknowledging Peer Review Activities - 2014 Apr 8
Introduction webinar: ORCID and peer review
The following recorded webinar discusses the background of the working group on peer review, and how the group's work has evolved into a standard set of fields for describing peer review activity. We reviewed how these fields are expressed and interpreted within the ORCID website and API, and reviewed the next steps for implementing an early adopter integration for this new functionality.
... or see the slides.
Early Adopter Resources
- Join the discussion forum - keep up-to-date on our plans; connect with others implementing peer review with ORCID.
- Review the Getting Started page - get started with the early adopter program. Find the technical and communications resources that you need.
- Let us know your plans - Fill in our survey to let us know what your plans are for incorporating ORCID iDs into you peer review processes.