Please join us for the next in-person ORCID Outreach Meeting on Thursday, May 17, 9.30 AM - 4.30 PM in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The meeting is sponsored by Microsoft Research. All participant organizations and organizations interested in joining ORCID are welcome to attend in-person or virtually via WebEx.
The meeting will give an ORCID initiative update in the morning. After lunch we will have three panels on integration plans and status, and a keynote presentation. There will also be an afternoon breakout session specifically for developers interested in using the ORCID API. The program will be finalized by the end of the month. For more information and registration please click here. If your organization would like to become a participant in ORCID, please contact us via our website.
Morning: ORCID overview and status update
- 9:30 Howard Ratner and Laure Haak, Introduction and ORCID Overview
- 10:00 Geoff Bilder and Brian Wilson, Technical Update
- 10:30 Coffee Break
- 11:00 Craig van Dyck and Ed Pentz, ORCID Financial Sustainability
- 12:00 Lunch
Afternoon: Stakeholder panels: Integration plans and status
1:00 Funding Organizations, Moderator: Liz Allen
ScienCV: What is it, who is involved, and how could it interact with ORCIDs?
- 1:30 Research Institutions: Assigning ORCIDs to Scholars, Moderator: Simeon Warner
- 1:00 - 2:30 Parallel Developer Workshop, Moderator: Gudmundur Thorisson
- 2:30 Break
- 3:00 Keynote: Alex Wade, Microsoft Academic Search and ORCID
- 3:30 Publishers: Manuscript Submission Workflow, Moderator: Craig Van Dyck
- 4:30 Howard Ratner, Closing Remarks