We are a global, community-led organization that provides digital identifiers (ORCID iDs) for researchers, so that they – and you, their organizations – can benefit from being uniquely identified and reliably connected with their professional information (affiliations, awards, publications, and more). We are committed to openness, so everyone can access and re-use information that ORCID record holders have marked as public. In addition, researchers can grant additional record access and update privileges to ORCID members that use the ORCID API.
ORCID provides the following features for free:
- Individuals may register, maintain, and share their ORCID identifier and associated ORCID record data
- Individuals may receive updates to their ORCID record, such as linkages to published manuscripts in which they included their ORCID iD during the submission and review process
- Individuals may enter nominations for ORCID Steering Groups and Working Groups
- The community may access an annual data file of public information
- Individuals may register for Public API credentials and collect authenticated ORCID iDs in research systems and workflows.
- Individuals may register and participate in ORCID-hosted virtual and in-person community events
Membership is important because:
ORCID is a non-profit organization funded through organizational membership and subscription fees. To sustain the registry and our mission of connecting research and researchers, we rely on membership and subscription funding from the research community.
Members receive these benefits:
Members receive access to the Member API, which facilitates registration, and information exchange with ORCID records. This API can also be used to request access from a record holder to their trusted party record data. Members receive personalized receive personalized implementation support, integrated application user acceptance testing, badges to certify that an implementation meets best practices, a monthly newsletter, and invitations to public and member-only events hosted by ORCID. Members are also eligible to be nominated for election to the ORCID Board
ORCID offers two membership/subscription categories for organizations: basic and premium. Non-profit organizations are eligible for a 20% member fee discount on basic or premium membership fees. To encourage small and start-up organizations to embed iDs, organizations with less than US$ 200,000 in revenue in their last fiscal year are eligible for a 75% discount on basic or premium membership. Discounts will be evaluated at each membership renewal. Non-profit and start-up discounts are not applied to premium consortium agreements.
|Member Category||Help me choose||Fees|