ORCID Shanghai Workshop
We are delighted to announce that we will be hosting an ORCID workshop at Shanghai Jiaotong University in Shanghai, PRC on Monday, June 19. There will be ample opportunity for networking and Q&A.
This workshop is part of ORCID's growing global outreach program, made possible as a result of a grant from The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust.
We look forward to seeing you in Shanghai!
Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine Library
280 Chongqing Road South, Huangpu District
Shanghai, PRC (map)
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in ORCID, particularly those who are responsible for managing researchers’ academic output and information at universities, research institutions, publishers, libraries, research funding organizations, etc.
09:00 Introduction and Welcome. Jason Hu ORCID Regional Director, China
09:05 Opening Remarks. Haoming Lin, Executive Deputy-Secretary-General, Academic Library & Information Committee of Shanghai
Session 1: ORCID Introduction & Overview
10:10 Morning Tea Break
Session 2: ORCID Integration & Community
11:30 Photo Session & Lunch
13:35 ORCID: AAAS’ Perspective, Xiaoying Chu, Director of Business Development, Asia, AAAS/Science
Session 3: ORCID in China
14:10 Thoughts/Experience/Plan of SJTU, Wei Pan, Deputy Director, Library of Shanghai Jiaotong University
14:30 Panel Discussion, Chaired by Xiaochun Qiu, Director, Library of Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine
- Wei Pan, Deputy Director, Library of Shanghai Jiaotong University
- Janice Chia Head (Research Support), Pao Yue-kong Library, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Guangming Li, Professor, College of Environmental Science & Engineering, Tongji University
- Ed Gerstner Executive Editor, Nature Research and Chief Advocate of Open Research Greater China, Springer Nature
- Xiaoying Chu, Director of Business Development, Asia, AAAS/Science
- Channing Chai Executive Deputy Director, Social Sciences Academic Press, CASS
15:30 Closing Remarks. Jason Hu ORCID Regional Director, China
15:35 Afternoon Tea Break + Adjourn
16:00 Meeting Closed
Thank you to our sponsors for making this workshop possible.