Webinar: November 13 and 16, 2017
ORCID and the US National Institutes of Health
Miss the webinar? Check out these resources!
- Presentation recordings: Nov 13 recording | Nov 16 recording
- Presentation questions with answers: Nov 13 Q&A | Nov 16 Q&A
- Presentation slides from the NIH
- Presentation slides about the ORBIT Project
This will enable a stronger infrastructure to:
- Encourage development of better productivity measures to incentivize openness, rigor, and impact
- Enable tracking of the impact of investments in research and professional development through transparently-curated open data
- Support collaboration and networking services to build efficient and equitable markets for reviewers, collaborators, mentors, etc.
- Maintain researcher control of their own data and how it is used across platforms
- Reduce researcher burden when applying for funds and maintaining multiple profiles
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How and why the NIH and other funders are collaborating with ORCID to link researchers with their funding and other research activities
- What this announcement means for research institutions like yours - and your researchers
- How your institution can get involved and help reduce the burden on researchers during the grant application process and in other workflows
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Leaders in the areas of research, information technology, scholarly communications and digital infrastructure at US-based research institutions. As always, others are welcome to attend.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH
The National Institutes of Health (NIH), a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the nation’s medical research agency — making important discoveries that improve health and save lives.
ORCID’s vision is a world where all who participate in research and innovation, from imagining to building and managing, are uniquely identified and connected to their contributions across disciplines, and borders, and time. ORCID provides an identifier for individuals to use with their name as they engage in research and innovation activities. We provide open tools that enable transparent and trustworthy connections between researchers, their contributions, and affiliations. We provide this service to help people find information and to simplify reporting and analysis.
Monday, Nov 13, 2017, 2:00-3:00 PM EST; Watch the recording
Thursday, Nov 16, 2017, 3:00-4:00 PM EST; Watch the recording