Webinar: Multiple dates (see below)
Enter once | Reuse often: What does this mean to research institutions?
REGISTER NOW! UPCOMING DATES
Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM ART (Spanish language webinar)
Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 2:00-3:00 PM EDT
Research is conducted and communicated at organizations like yours - universities and private institutes, government and commercial laboratories, and other research institutions. Globally you employ and teach millions of individuals who are engaged in innovative research, teaching, and scholarship.
You manage research information in many different systems. This makes it hard to keep track of your researchers’ activities and outputs within your own institution. And it’s even more challenging once you take into account the many grant application, manuscript submission, research profile, and other systems that they are interacting with outside of your institution. On top of that, researchers move around - after graduation, on sabbatical, on secondment, or to new positions.
How does ORCID help with these challenges? This webinar was designed to help answer these questions.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- What ORCID is, and how it can enhance understanding of scholarly contributions from your institution.
- How ORCID iDs can be used to distinguish your researchers while improving the flow of information about the research accomplished.
- How you can use ORCID to help control how your institution’s name is used across research systems.
- How you can authoritatively assert affiliations with your institution for your staff, faculty, and students.
- How you can leverage real-time notifications about research activities to auto-update forms, and follow the careers of alumni.
- How ORCID compliments the other systems that you use.
The session will also explain how ORCID member consortia work, and the benefits of becoming a member through one of them.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Leaders in the areas of research, information technology, scholarly communications and digital infrastructure at research institutions. As always, others are welcome to attend.
ORCID’s vision is a world where all who participate in research and innovation, from imagining to building and managing, are uniquely identified and connected to their contributions across disciplines, and borders, and time. ORCID provides an identifier for individuals to use with their name as they engage in research and innovation activities. We provide open tools that enable transparent and trustworthy connections between researchers, their contributions, and affiliations. We provide this service to help people find information and to simplify reporting and analysis.
SEE THE SLIDES:
Paglione, Laura; Olson, Eric; Laurel, Haak; Buys, Matthew (2017): 201710 ORCID: Enter Once | Reuse Often: What does this mean to research institutions? WEBINAR. ORCID.
Retrieved: 19:30, Dec 05, 2017 (GMT)
PAST WEBINAR RECORDINGS:
You may view recordings of past webinars by clicking the following link: https://www.gotostage.com/channel/orcid