The ORCID identifier can be integrated throughout professional associations, including manuscript submission, membership management and renewal, manuscript review, and conference and abstract submission.
ORCID is committed to openness and community, and we offer multiple ways to connect, learn, and share:
- Join the ORCID professional association community mailing list & forum. This group is available to all current and potential integrating organizations and is forum for sharing association policies, processes, use cases, and best practices.
- You may also be interested in joining the ORCID technical community mailing list & forum.
- Attend an outreach meeting
- Join the newsletter mailing list to receive updates about ORCID
- Read, vote on & contribute iDeas to the ORCID iDeas Forum.
- Request organizational membership. See our list of member organizations.
- Read our Trademark display policy
Presentations & resources
Slides, posters, and presentations about ORCID integrations in professional societies and universities from the May 2014 ORCID Outreach Meeting
Documented use cases from professional societies
Christine W. McEntee, Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer, American Geophysical Union: Society Perspectives & Opportunities, ORCID Outreach Meeting, 30 October 2013