The ORCID identifier can be integrated within funding organization workflows, including grant application processes and grant progress reporting protocols.
ORCID is committed to openness and community, and we offer multiple ways to connect, learn, and share:
- Join the ORCID funders community mailing list & forum.This group is available to all current and potential integrating organizations and is forum for sharing funding policies, processes, use cases, and best practices.
- You may also be interested in joining the ORCID technical community mailing list & forum.
- Attend an outreach meeting
- Join the newsletter mailing list to receive updates about ORCID
- Read, vote on & contribute iDeas to the ORCID iDeas Forum.
- Request organizational membership. See our list of member organizations.
- Read our Trademark display policy
Walter Schaffer, Senior Scientific Advisor for Extramural Research, U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), The adoption of ORCID identifiers by funding organizations, ORCID Webinar Workshop for Funders and Research Institutions, 23 April 2014.
Amy Northcutt, Chief Information Officer, National Science Foundation: ORCID Identifiers and Funding Agencies: An NSF Perspective, presented at the October 2013 ORCID Outreach Meeting, Washington, D.C.
Liz Allen, Wellcome Trust: Funding outcomes across organizations and careers, presented at May 2013 ORCID Outreach Meeting, Oxford.
Debbie Bucci, NIH: ScienCV: What is it, who is involved, and how could it interact with ORCIDs?, presented at the May 2012 ORCID Outreach Meeting, Boston.
Relevant articles and blogs
Laure Haak, ORCID, Link Your ORCID Record to Your Funding!
Benjamin Thomas, Wellcome Trust, Distinguishing Researchers with an ORCID
U.S. Department of Energy Office of Scientific and Technical Information, About the addition of ORCID numbers to E-Link
Australian Government National Health and Medical Research Council, newsletter announcement of ORCID included in grants system.
On integration into the SciENcv platform in the United States
Jef Akst, One Profile Fits All, The Scientist
Michael Price, Big Hopes, Small Changes for Biomedical Training, ScienceCareers.org
Sally Rocky, U.S. National Institutes of Health, Taking On the Challenge of Better Biomedical Workforce Data.
Laure Haak, NIH testing ORCID iDs in the ScienCV platform