The ORCID identifier can be integrated within publishing organization workflows, including manuscript submission and reviewer management processes. Through inclusion in these workflows, the ORCID identifier becomes a key part of the metadata of published works.
ORCID is committed to openness and community, and we offer multiple ways to connect, learn, and share:
- Join the ORCID publisher community mailing list & forum. This group is available to all current and potential integrating organizations and is forum for sharing publishing policies, processes, use cases, and best practices.
- You may also be interested in joining the ORCID technical community mailing list & forum.
- Attend an outreach meeting
- Join the newsletter mailing list to receive updates about ORCID
- Read, vote on & contribute iDeas to the ORCID iDeas Forum.
- Request organizational membership. See our list of member organizations.
- Read our Trademark display policy
Publications and blogs
Laure Haak, ORCID How to: More on specifying ORCID iDs in document metadata
Laure Haak et al, ORCID: a system to uniquely identify researchers
In search of credit, Nature editorial
Panel on ORCID integrations by publishers from ORCID: 30 May 2014 panel at the Society for Scholarly Publishing, including presentations by Martin Fenner, PLOS, Michael Habib, Elsevier, Cesar Berrios-Otero, F1000 Research, and Brooks Hanson, American Geophysical Union, about how their organizations are using ORCID.
Rebecca Bryant, ORCID: Status & Benefits to Publishers, and Poster: Connecting Researchers with their Research through Community Adoption of ORCID, Annual Meeting of the Council of Science Editors
ORCID iDs in the Academic Publishing Workflow, Webinar: ORCID Implementation Workshop for Publishers.
Véronique Kiermer, Executive Editor and Head of Researcher Services, Nature Publishing Group: Integration of ORCID identifiers by publishers, presented at the October 2013 ORCID Outreach Meeting, Washington, D.C.
Paul Peters, Hindawi Publishing: Capturing ORCID iDs in the manuscript submission and production process, presented at the May 2013 ORCID Outreach Meeting, Oxford.