Born in Grottaglie (TA), 14 February 1980
Citizenship: Italian Civilian duties done instead of National service Civilian state: single
Mob. Ph.: +39 3316876907
E-mail: [email protected]
; [email protected]
Cosimo Magazzino was born in Grottaglie (Italy) in 1980. He has obtained his BA in Public Administration and his Ph.D. in Political Sciences at Roma Tre University (Rome, Italy).
Currently he is Professor of Econometrics and European Economic Policy at the Department of Political Sciences, (DISCIPOL), Roma Tre University (Rome, Italy). He is Director of the Master on Management of Energy and Environment organized by Roma Tre University and Italian Association of Energy Economists (AIEE), Italy. He is member of the Ph.D. Council on Government of the Enterprise, Administration and Society in the International Dimension, University of Teramo (Italy).
He has coordinated the Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF) research programme “Quality of public finances and impact on potential output”.
He has taught and he is teaching Econometrics, Introductory Econometrics, Economic Policy, European Economic Policy, Energy Economics, Economics and Development Policy, Mathematics for Social Sciences, and Health Economics in: the undergraduate and graduate programmes in the Department of Political Sciences, Roma Tre University (Italy); Department of Economics, Management and Business Law, University of Bari (Italy); Faculty of Economics, University of International Studies of Rome, UNINT (Italy); the Ph.D. Council on Government of the Enterprise, Administration and Society in the International Dimension, University of Teramo (Italy); the Master programme in Master on Management of Energy and Environment (Roma Tre University and AIEE).
His research interests include: public finance; energy econometrics; environmental Kuznets curve; time series econometrics; panel data models. His current research activity is focused on the econometric analysis of the sustainability of public finances, the relationship among CO2 emissions, GDP and energy consumption, and the twin deficits.
He has published his work in several international journals, such as: Applied Economics, Atlantic Economic Journal, Economia Politica-Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics, Economic Analysis and Policy, Economics Bulletin, Electricity Journal, Energy & Environment, Energy, Exploration & Exploitation, Energy Sources, Part B: Economics, Planning, and Policy, Environment, Development and Sustainability, Environment Systems and Decisions, Frontiers in Energy, International Advances in Economic Research, International Journal of Sustainable Development and World Ecology, International Journal of Sustainable Energy, Journal of Economic Studies, Journal of Policy Modeling, Southern Economic Journal.
RESEARCH PROJECTS OF NATIONAL INTEREST (PRIN)
- 2015: Participant to the PRIN “Riqualificazione del parco edilizio esistente in ottica nZEB (nearly Zero Energy Buildings): costruzione di un network nazionale per la ricerca” (Principal investigator: Livio De Santoli, Sapienza-University of Rome).
PROJECTS FUNDED BY RESEARCH INSTITUTIONS/FOUNDATIONS
- 2012-15: Coordinator of the research project “Quality of public finances and impact on potential output”, Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF), Italy.
PARTICIPATION TO SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES
- 2015-18: Società Italiana di Economia, Demografia e Statistica.
- 2012-18: Istituto Italiano di Studi Strategici-IISS.
- 2012-18: Associazione Italiana di Scienze Regionali.
- 2012-18: The International Association for Energy Economics.
- 2009-18: Associazione degli Economisti di Lingua Neolatina.
- 2008-18: Società Italiana degli Economisti-SIE.
- 2008-18: Associazione per la Riduzione del Debito Pubblico.
- 2008-18: Associazione Italiana dei Docenti Universitari.
- 2008-18: Royal Economic Society.