Name and Surname: Ahmet Emre Eşkazan
Birth place and date: İstanbul-TURKEY, 06.18.1975
1) Graduated from Kultur High School in 1993.
2) Participated in Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty in 1993, and graduated in 1999.
1) From November 1999 to June 2000, I was an intern in Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty Department of Pharmacology.
2) In June 2000, I started my residency programme in Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty Department of Internal Medicine, and became an internist in 2005.
3) Between December 2005 and December 2006 I finished my military duty in Aksaz Military Hospital, Marmaris, Mugla TURKEY.
4) In December 2007, I started my fellowship in Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology. In June 2011, I became a hematologist.
5) After becoming a hematologist, I finished my public service in Diyarbakir Training and Research Hospital between 09.07.2011-04.18.2013 in Diyarbakir, TURKEY.
6) I became an Associate Professor of Internal Medicine/Hematology in March 2015.
7) I worked as a visiting physician at the University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Leukemia between May 27th-July 25th, 2015.
8) I am now working as a hematologist in Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology since July 2013.
I am the member of the professional associations that are listed below:
1) İstanbul Medical Chamber
2) Turkish Medical Association
3) Turkish Society of Hematology
4) European Hematology Association
5) American Society of Hematology (Membership ID: 1223804)
6) American Society of Clinical Oncology (Membership ID: 500094)
7) The International CML Foundation (iCMLf)
Also I am the secretary of the scientific subcommittee of CML and MPN of Turkish Society of Hematology. I am in the editorial boards of Turkish Journal of Hematology, Journal of Hematology, Blood Transfusion and Disorders, and Plastic and Aesthetic Research.
Trials that I actively participated in:
1) Watch&Wait Trial: Rituximab versus a watch-and-wait approach in patients with advanced-stage, asymptomatic, non-bulky follicular lymphoma: an open-label randomised phase 3 trial, 2006, Co-investigator.
2) ENESTnd Trial: Evaluating Nilotinib Efficacy and Safety in Clinical Trials Newly Diagnosed Patients, 2007, Co-investigator.
3) MABLE Trial: A Study of Mabthera Added to Bendamustine or Chloambucil in Patients With Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, 2010, Co-investigator.
4) STRATUS (CC-4047-MM-010) Trial: Evaluation of Safety of Pomalidomide in Combination With Dexamethasone (Low Dose) in Patients With Refractory or Relapsed and Refractory Multiple Myeloma (STRATUS), 2014, Co-investigator.
Awards and Grants:
1) Turkish Society of Hematology-Young Participant Award (2003)
2) Turkish Society of Hematology-Young Participant Award (2004)
3) Turkish Society of Hematology-Young Participant Award (2009)
4) Turkish Society of Hematology-Best Turkish Abstract Award (2010)
5) Turkish Society of Hematology-Clinical Hematology Award (2011)
6) Turkish Society of Hematology-TÜRKBA Award (2012)
7) American Society of Hematology-Visitor Training Program Grant for 8 weeks at University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Leukemia (2014)
Medical Journals that I currently review manuscripts at:
1) Turkish Journal of Hematology, Print ISSN: 1300-7777 Electronic ISSN: 1308-5263
2) Leukemia Research, ISSN: 0145-2126
3) Arthritis Research and Care, Online ISSN: 2151-4658
4) Hematology, Print ISSN: 1024-5332 Online ISSN: 1607-8454
5) Cardiology in The Young, Print ISSN: 1047-9511 Electronic ISSN: 1467-1107
6) International Journal of Dermatology, Online ISSN: 1365-4632
7) Hematology Reports, Electronic ISSN: 2038-8330
8) Plastic and Aesthetic Research, ISSN: 2347-9264
9) Hemoglobin, ISSN: 0363-0269 (print), 1532-432X (electronic)
10) Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology, ISSN: 1593-098X
11) Pediatric and Neonatalcare: Open Access
12) Journal of Hematology and Blood Disorders
13) Journal of Cancer Biology & Research, ISSN: 2373-9436
14) European Oncology & Haematology, Print ISSN: 2045-5275 Electronic ISSN: 2045-5283
15) American Journal of Nephrology, ISSN: 0250-8095 (Print) e-ISSN: 1421-9670 (Online)
16) Clinical Medicine Insights: Blood Disorders, ISSN: 1179-545X
17) Medicine, ISSN: 0025-7974 Online ISSN: 1536-5964
18) Journal of Medical Case Reports, ISSN: 1752-1947
19) BMJ Case Reports, Online ISSN1757-790X
20) Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, Online ISSN: 1365-2230
21) İstanbul Tıp Fakültesi Dergisi, ISSN: 1305-6441
22) Jacobs Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacovigilance
23) World Journal of Emergency Medicine, ISSN: 1920-8642
24) Journal of Hypertension: Open Access, ISSN: 2167-1095