2018 Northern California Workshop
We are delighted to announce that we will be hosting an ORCID workshop at the University of California in Berkeley, CA on Tuesday, May 15. There will be ample opportunity for networking and Q&A.
We look forward to seeing you in Berkeley!
Sutardja Dai Hall
University of California, Berkeley
2594 Hearst Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94720 (map)
The nearest BART station is Downtown Berkeley BART, followed by a scenic, slightly uphill, 15-20 minute walk to Sutardja Dai Hall. We recommend taking BART, as parking is extremely limited on the north side of UC Berkeley’s campus. Additionally, there are two commencement ceremonies (at 9am and 2pm) occurring the day of our workshop. If you do plan to drive, please visit this page for a map of nearby parking structures: http://citris-uc.org/visitor-information/
10:20 Making Research Information Systems Interoperable: The Australia Story Linda O'Brien (Griffith University)
10:40 Local ORCID Stories
- PLOS ORCID Story Kerry Kroffe (PLOS)
- Protocols.io: For reproducibility, we need the methods behind the data Lenny Teytelman (Protocols.io)
- Connecting Research(ers): DataCite in 5 Minutes Trisha Cruse (DataCite)
- DMPTool Stephanie Simms (California Digital Library)
12:00 Lunch A casual lunch buffet to mix and mingle with other guests
13:40 Local ORCID Stories
- Jennifer Lin and Ed Pentz (Crossref)
- ORCID Integration in Dash Daniella Lowenberg (California Digital Library)
- ORCID and Annotations Dan Whaley (Hypothes.is)
- ORCID for Software Creators Karthik Ram (rOpenSci)
14:30 Speaker Panel and Q&A moderated by Linda O'Brien (Griffith University)
15:30 Bird of a Feather Sessions
Join us for Open Drinks after the workshop! We will be at Triple Rock Brewery (1920 Shattuck Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94704) from 5-7pm. Additional logistical and registration information can be found here.