2018 Organization ID Stakeholder Meeting
On January 22, ORCID is co-hosting with DataCite and Crossref an Organization ID Stakeholders meeting in Girona, Spain. The purpose of this meeting is to gather the respondents to the Organization ID Registry RFI and other stakeholders to establish a governance structure and governing body to determine next steps for launching an Open Organization Identifier registry.
In advance of the meeting we ask participants to review the following documents:
- ORG ID Framing Principles (located on the ORG ID Working Group site)
- ORG ID WG Governance Principles and Recommendations
- ORG ID WG Product Principles and Recommendations
- RFI Response Summary
- Straw Man Governance Proposal
1330-1345 High level review of the ORG ID Working Group Documents (Ed Pentz and Laure Haak)
1345-1400 Review of RFI Responses (Trisha Cruse)
1400-1500 Establishing a governance structure for the Registry Initiative (Group discussion)
- Establish initial governing board: determine desired balance and whether others need to be invited to ensure appropriate representation.
- Clarify the roles and responsibilities of the Board
1530-1715 Presentations by prospective host organizations (moderated by Trisha Cruse)
- The British Library (Torsten Reimer, Andrew MacEwan, and Tim Devenport)
- California Digital Library (John Chodacki)
- Crossref (Ed Pentz)
- OCLC (Daniel van Spanje)
- IP-Registry (Shauna Pitts)
- North Rhine-Westphalian Library Service Center (not attending) (Adrian Pohl)
1715-1730 Next Steps (Ed Pentz, Trisha Cruse, Laure Haak)
There is no official hotel; see this list for options.